Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Blogging challenge day 24: a difficult time in my life


There was a time during my second year at college when I questioned what I was doing with my life. I contemplated dropping out of college and going to beauty school. I changed my major to "public relations" which was not right for me. I was hanging out with a different crowd of friends, and just really was unhappy. I couldn't even explain it. When I turned 21, I continued to struggle with how to deal in the college world. I was on prescriptions for bipolar disorder and depression, which basically turned me into a zombie. They were not working. I ended up taking a week off from school, stopped all my medications, and relaxed at home. I ended up switching my major back to "fashion design and merchandising", stopped my part time job, and tried to hang out with different people. It all helped. I would say that I had one of my first real break downs at that time. It was scary, but without my family, I don't think I could have made it through. 

Xoxo
Gleamogirljoelle 

No comments :

Post a Comment